The stuff on this page at this point serves as an archive and is a snapshot of pretty much what I had hosted or mirrored here during the heyday of each game.
Quake | Quake 2 | Quake 3 Arena | Quake Live
- PakExplorer - Windows program that will let you explore, extract, manipulate, create, do whatever you want to .pak files
- Quake 2 Source Utilities - The WinNT utilities id software used to make Quake 2, other than Microsoft Visual C++ 4.2 of course! This includes id software's level editor QE4 and qbsp3, qvis3, qrad3, etc and their source code.
- Quake 2 Utils - Everything you need to compile your Quake 2 map: qbsp3, qvis3, qrad3
- Photoshop .wal Plugin - Lets you save images directly to .wal format!
- Quake 2 Palette - 5 versions of it
Note that modifications for Quake 2 are OS specific, unlike Quake 1 & 3. (wtf was that? One of the many things wrong with Quake 2.)
- Lithium II - My favorite DM mod. Very simple, no client side download needed (you'll get it when you connect to a server). Lithium II adds a hook & runes. Sounds simple, but the runes are awesome and make DM a lot of fun! [Linux Server Mod] [Windows Server Mod]
- Weapons Of Destruction - Another DM mod that is fun. Is also server side. Changes the weapons to make them more powerfull. Ex: the machine gun shoots rockets! Craziness. [Linux Server Mod] [Windows Server Mod]
- GXMOD - Gamers Extreme Tournament Mod. Another server side mod that is a must for tournament play. Does not alter DM at all, but rather adds a count down timer, game timer, additions to the HUD, advance spectator modes, etc. (Windows Server Mod)
- Quake 2 Basketball - Yes it's true! You can play basketball in Quake 2! It even comes with bots to practice against! Fans of both Quake 2 & Basketball will be in heaven. (Windows Mod)
- Eraser Bot - Hands down best bot for Quake 2. This one has been around since just after Quake 2 came out, and improved to near perfection since then. (Windows Mod)
- Q2Tetris - Thats right, a port of Tetris to Quake2! (Linux Mod)
Quake 3 Arena
- CPMA - Challenge ProMode Arena - An even faster Quake 3 with faster rockets, instant weapon switching, physics changes (such as air control), etc, and a ton of great maps.
- Quake 3 Neural Upscale - High def AI upscale of original Q3 textures! Major modernization & a game changer!
- [HQQ] High Quality Quake - High resolution textures for menus, HUD, and 2D icons. Does not change game look, just ups the res!
- Quake Arena Arcade Assets - Backport of the better weapon models/textures and armor textures from the Xbox Live Arcade version
- anon98's ioquake3 fork - Better demo filenames; removes demo recording overlay message; fixes demos when voip is enabled; server log time-stamping; per-weapon low-ammo warnings; updated HUD gun model size/placement for HD (for this one you need to add
seta cg_gunX "5" to your config file, and download the pak98.pk3 below as well).
- pak98.pk3 - A pak I created: QVM files for modern HUD gun placement for anon98's ioq3 fork described above; Modded Maps: sz-q3dm16 (Bouncy Map w/less health); sz-q3tourney3 (Hell's Gate w/Megahealth replacing Battle Suit); sz-q3dm17 (Longest Yard w/Lightning Gun and Battle Suit instead of Quad); sz-q3dm13 (Lost World without Quad); HD loading screens for those modded maps, and replaces "pro" levelshots with HD versions of regular loading screens for The Camping Grounds and Vertical Vengeance.
This is the pinnacle of Quake
- Intermission Music
- ShinaZ Pak - My Pak of duel map changes - Cobalt Station w/less health; Hell's Gate w/Megahealth replacing Battle Suit; Longest Yard w/Lightning Gun, Heavy Machine Gun, Battle Suit instead of Quad; Added the maps Unbalanced & Use of Weapons from Q3 CPM + my own map, Mirror Universe (currently in beta).
- Awesome graphics
- Meta is ON POINT
- Champion abilities are fine...
- Soft Physics
- How am I a Quake vet and CAN'T TELL WHAT WEAPONS I'M PICKING UP!? TEXTURE THE WEAPONS!!
- Mega/armors same prob - too basic looking
- Molasses to launch/get in a match
- You shoulda made way better match-making/bot lobbies so that noobs could actually enjoy the game/progress and want to develop their skills
- No Console
- No Modding
- No freakin even level editing!?
- Nobody plays it - no surprise
- First post-Carmackian Quake is not uhhh... cutting it, and it's too bad, because they spent a lot of time creating amazing models, textures, and the perfect Quake atmosphere.